Thursday, October 28, 2004

Got Snow?

Whoopee! Four feet of snow just blanketed the Lake Tahoe area ski resorts and the ski season is officially underway, with one resort opening last week, and the nearest resort opening tomorrow at noon.

The first time I skied - less than two years ago, I found myself in various and sundry places and positions of less than flattering quality, particularly in close proximity to the lifts. After a few more trips, however, I finally learned how to stand in line without falling over, and now proudly pronounce my practice a rousing success. In all seriousness, I've happily gotten steadily better (trust me, I was awful the first couple times out), and now thoroughly enjoy hitting the slopes, er . . . skiing the slopes.

In other news, the weather out here is incredible right now, with temps in the 60's during the day, with sunny skies. The only problem with that is that it makes it hard to get much work done, especially when sitting in the window office. :-\

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home