Thursday, October 19, 2006

Anecdote of the day

I went to Panera Bread for lunch today. (Here I go talking about food again.) I hadn’t been there in a while, and a nice sandwich and salad sounded good. (It was.) I was wearing a dark green, three-button suit, sporting one of my best ties, and stylishly listening to “Till We Have Faces” on my iPod. After picking up my food, I went outside to enjoy lunch, some beautiful weather, and a good book.

Several other patrons were also enjoying lunch outside, and, no doubt, were impressed by my professional appearance. As I was finishing my meal, Psyche was brought into the world under rather sad circumstances. Unfortunately for me, I didn’t realize the extent of the King’s anger. I rose from my seat and walked toward the door, on my way to return my plate and get a refill on my iced tea. Just as I reached for the door handle, however, the favored young page boy suddenly slipped in a puddle of blood and was immediately stabbed to death by the King! I was aghast and, in a state of shock, immediately dropped a full cup of ice on the mat directly outside the main entrance. Of course, “slip and fall” immediately came to mind, so I tried kicking the ice out of the way, but that wrinkled the mat. Then I opened the door and it got stuck on the mat and wouldn’t shut.
At that point, I wasn’t feeling so suave.

2 Comments:

Blogger "Nick" said...

Great book huh? I would highly recommend checking out this link, it is a lecture by Dr. Peter Kreeft of Boston College on "Till We Have Faces". EXTREMELY insightful! Kreeft is a Lewis nut, and a Tolkien nut, and I would recommend most of his other lectures as well:)

http://www.peterkreeft.com/audio/16_cslewis-till-we-have-faces.htm

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excuse me while I choke on my laughter. :DD Yeah, I love you.

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home