Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Are you kidding me?

"Tuesdays: closed" Was I reading that correctly? Yes, I was. Are you kidding me? It's a New York style sandwich shop in a strip mall and it's closed on Tuesdays. I mean, if they close for a Tuesday holiday, that would be one thing. Other than Independence Day, I don't anticipate any Tuesday holidays this year, so it would be a bit surprising, but not entirely shocking. Closed every Tuesday. I'm still not quite over it. It's bad enough that some hairdressers/barbers are still closed on Mondays.

Well, there are other places to eat. Instead of a deli sandwich and chips, I decided I was hungry for sushi (well, mostly for the ginger and California rolls) at this relatively inexpensive Japanese buffet not far from the New York sandwich place.

Can you believe it? "Tuesdays: closed" read the sign on the front door. Now, I'm not really a conspiracy theorist at heart, but I recognize a conspiracy when it's staring me in the face and punching me in the stomach (with hunger pains), and I'm not so naive to think the restaurant owners in Elk Grove are incapable of joining in a conspiracy. No, there's really only one possible explanation here; the American government has [ironically] increased its uncontrolled pork barrel spending and stooped to new lows by subsidizing small restuarant owners ("small" describing the restaurants, of course) to close on Tuesdays in an effort to combat the growing obesity problem in America. Someone should call Pat Buchanan and let him in on this inside information.

I'm off to go re-write my schedule. [Mondays: eat lunch; Tuesdays: get hair cut, etc.]

2 Comments:

Blogger Janice Phillips said...

What religion makes you do your religious practice on a Tuesday? Sheesh.

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you say they were closed on TUESDAY? Wow, Tuesday? Of all days? Well, if it makes you feel any better, Tuesdays were unlucky days to the Greeks. So, it may have spared you the Heimlich Maneuver or something crazy. Be grateful...and YES, change your schedule...Mondays-lunch, Tuesdays-Haircut...

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home