Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Surfer's ear

No, I found a lot of shoes and flip flops on the beach, lots of rocks, sand, and sea shells, but no ears. I guess I'm fortunate in that respect.

There's nothing else quite like a roaring sea, an ocean breeze, soft sand between one's toes, and salty algae sloshing around in the head. Memories are made of things like these. They're probably erased by them, too. After being violently twisted and shaken in a wave like a sadly fated rag doll last night, and having ocean water forcibly infused into my head (through my nose and out my ears, I am quite certain), the thought occurred to me (this was encouraging) that . . . er, it'll come to me again. I hope. I call this water-and-junk infusion "surfer's ear." It's sort of like "swimmer's ear," but with a lot more living stuff and less chlorine. Now I can hear the ocean anywhere I go - even back in Sacramento - just by shaking my head!

As a side note, the vicious fish didn't bother me. I drink garlic and beet juice pretty regularly to keep insects and man-eating fish and wildlife away. It works!

2 Comments:

Blogger Janice Phillips said...

growing up with "surfer's ear" i can tell you a bit of rubbing alcohol in the ear works wonders.

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Garlic and Beet juice keeps EVERYONE away...:)

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home