Saturday, December 11, 2004

Civil War Revisited

I never realized the direct affect the Civil War would have on my life. But here I am, a Texan by birth, torn in the century and a half old struggle betwixt the north and south. It all started when my brother asked for a Civil War sword for Christmas and I went online to look for one. Half an hour later, I'm still sitting here struggling with the decision. Do I buy the Union version or the Confederate? After all, some of the Confederate blood that was shed belonged to our ancestry. But he asked for a Union sword. Yet, Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson are heroes of the faith. Of course, rebels have taken advantage of the Civil War banner and those favoring the South tend to have a rebellious streak . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home